Friday 14 December 2012

Responding To Student's Writing


Read the essay distributed. Decide what to do with the errors. Are you going to use  written comments, talk to the writer or use checklist? Will you encourage peer edit before the next submission? What is your follow-up activity to deal with the most common errors found in your essay? <------------------- The Instruction!

I don't have the picture of the essay so i just go with my opinion .
The essay that distributed to me has some grammatical error. For example, the student who wrote the essay are not able to use inappropriate past tense. To deal with the error, I will take 'talk about the paper' approaches. I will meet the student privately maybe at teachers room so I can focus on the dialogue and the students as well can pay more attention rather than doing it in class which may cause distraction from his/her classmate. Yes, I will encourage peer editing as it can help students to deal with common mistakes or error on their essay. As a help for them  to do the editing, I will provide them a check list so they can check in that part. 

What can I do to deal with Tenses error?
I could do mix and match activity regarding the changes of word when we use a tenses.




Present Tense            

Past Tense
see
shone
shine
watched
split
taught
weep
Wrote
watch
saw
Write
split
teach
wept










No comments:

Post a Comment