Friday 14 December 2012

Technology & Education : What Say You?






Write an article on the topic integrating technology in teaching writing. It can be anything related to the slides, own opinion. How you would use it in future.

Nowadays, technology is playing an important role in human’s life. The benefit of using technology is a fact that everyone cannot deny. We can see through every aspect in this world influenced food and shelter using machine. Indeed in education, technology has brought rapid development in the process of educating people.
   From the presentation last week I have learn not just about the benefits that technology bring, but I also learn what are the disadvantages of using them. Well the advantages or benefits are, technology improves the quality of student work. In addition, technology improves students attitudes towards learning. In the other hand, we can do collaboration writing with peer. Likewise, it increases motivation and self esteem and improves students skills such as thinking, problem solving and writing skills as well.While the disadvantages or issues are, teacher not well equipped with knowledge to apply those technology in teaching. Other than that, lack of technology devices are also affected the challenges in integrating technology in writing classroom. In the same way, the possibility of students being distracted while using these technology also highly argued. There are solution in every disadvantages of using technology. For example, the government should equipped school with enough and latest technology. Likewise, parents and teachers should cooperate to voice out the younger generation needs. 

In future,how would I use technology in teaching?
I will definitely use technology in teaching. To avoid the problem that may appear in using these technology, I will seek for an advice from senior teacher and I will make sure that I have all the knowledge in using technology. Other than that, I will seek for a help from student's parent in order to facilitate students work. As a result for that, the possibility of students to get distracted using technology will be reduced.
In teaching, I will make use of all helpful material from the education website.  In order to improve my students writing, I will create for example WebQuest or create a class with a Web Site. It is because, the Web is an excellent way to communicate with students and their parents or guardians. I can include course information, assignments, lecture notes and presentations, links to interesting sites, challenges, study tools, links to textbook Web sites, and many other features.

As a teacher for sure,I need to remain focused on the purpose of each activity when I conducted a lesson. I have to make clear learning objective for each lesson and most important are, I should prepare with back- up lesson plan in case technology malfunction.



1 comment:

  1. I love your point of bringing in parents to help teachers and students to use technology. Thumb up!

    ReplyDelete